St Fidelis Primary School partners with parents to nurture the Catholic faith and prepare children to receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation.
Supported by the Religious Education Curriculum, St Fidelis Foundation to Year 6 students engage in learning about the Sacraments of Christian Initiation: Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation; the Sacraments of Healing: Reconciliation and Anointing of the Sick and the Sacraments of Service.
Year 2: Sacrament of Reconciliation
To prepare the Year 2 students for Reconciliation, parents are asked to continue to talk to their children about their learning at school about the Sacrament of Reconciliation and share their own faith understanding about the Sacrament with their child.
Families will be asked to attend a Reconciliation Parent/Child workshop in preparation for the Celebration of Reconciliation which takes place at St Fidelis Church.
Year 3: Sacrament of Eucharist
A number of opportunities are provided to ensure your child is well prepared to receive the Sacrament of Eucharist. We ask that parents participate in the following in support of their child:
- Passport Sundays four weeks prior to the Eucharist celebration
- Parent/Child workshops leading up to the First Eucharist Mass
- First Eucharist Mass, celebrated at St Fidelis Church
- First Eucharist Thanksgiving Mass held at 11am at St Fidelis Church the Sunday following the First Eucharist Mass. This is followed by parish/school morning tea and presentation of certificates in the school hall.
Year 6: Sacrament of Confirmation
Families are encouraged to talk with their children about faith and the Sacrament of Confirmation. A number of opportunities are provided for families to assist with preparing their child for Confirmation:
- Passport Sundays four weeks prior to the Confirmation celebration
- Parent/Child workshops leading up to the Confirmation celebration
- Confirmation Presentation Mass, officiated by the Bishop and held on a Friday evening at St Fidelis Church
- Confirmation Thanksgiving Mass held at 11am at St Fidelis Church the Sunday following Confirmation. This is followed by parish/school morning tea and presentation of certificates in the school hall.