At St Fidelis’ we know that social and emotional skills are integral to success and happiness in life. We also understand that the development of social skills needs to be taught and supported and is influenced by many factors including children’s life experiences and individual maturity and abilities.
We want our students to:
- Learn to recognise and manage emotions and care about others
- Make good decisions, behave ethically and responsibly
- Develop positive relationships, and avoid negative behaviours
- Develop resilience and problem solving skills to achieve important social/life tasks
- Develop and maintain friendships.
We implement a number of strategies, programs and resources to support the individual needs and foster individual talents of all students including whole school initiatives and external intervention agencies.
- You Can Do It Program
- Buddy Program
- Transition Program
- Social and Emotional Learning programs
- Positive Behaviour Management
- Student Leaders
- Lunchtime Clubs
- Buddy Bus Stop
- Individual learning plans
- Learning Diversity Leader
- Learning Support officers
- School Choir
- Creative Music
- Combined Schools Choir